Lemon & Cranberry Scones
Who doesn't love scones? It's the perfect treat for a tea party with friends or just as a sweet start to your day. Enjoy!
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour
¾ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup butter (room temperature to cool)
1 cup chopped cranberries
1 tbsp. lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ tsp. ginger
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine sour cream and baking soda in small bowl. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
4. Cut butter into mixture using fork.
5. Mix egg and sour cream mixture into flour and butter mixture. Add lemon zest and chopped cranberries.
6. Place dough onto floured surface and knead just into mixed. (It might be a little crumbly but that’s okay)
7. Shape into circular shape and pat until about an inch thick. Cut into desired wedge size and place on greased baking sheet. Keep 2 inches of distances between scones.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.
9. Place on rack and allow to cool before adding glaze.