There's no shortage of Easter egg dying techniques available as inspiration on the internet. The possibilities are almost overwhelming! Well, this year we committed to trying a new one and we were not disappointed. Using nail polish and water (that's it!) we created this awesome marbled effect. As the ingredients found in nail polish can be toxic, we don't recommend eating these eggs. However, they will look really cool hiding in your yard or resting on your dining room table as decoration. This technique can also be used to decorate faux eggs!
What you'll need:
- Eggs! Just your simple white egg available at any grocery store.
- Nail polish (Grab an old color from your cupboard)
- Plastic wrap (to line your bowl and protect it from staining)
- Rubber gloves to protect your hands
- Some thumb tacks and cardboard to create a drying tray.
What to do:
- Line your bowl with plastic wrap and fill it with water.
- Drop some nail polish gently on the surface of your water and use the end of the brush to disperse a little.
- Using a gloved hand, dip the egg gently into the polish swirls on the surface of the water.
- Allow to dry and dip again if needed!